Great Divide (NOBO) - Off Day in Jackson

June 20, 2022
Off Day in Jackson

I slept incredibly well in room 102 at the Ranch Inn in Jackson. Last night I had draped the room with my wet tent, sleeping bag, and air mattress. There were chunks of dirt all over the floor. First thing this morning I rolled up my dry equipment. I then proceeded to strip my bike down and remove all of the bags, bottles, and accessories, which were all then cleaned in the sink. Next I rode to KJ Super Wash, where I first swabbed down my bike with a brush on a pole. I then power washed my bike and removed all of the mud from the pedals and in between the fork and chain stay. I then went to Jackson Laundromat and washed everything. I edited yesterday’s report while I waited. On my way back to the hotel, I took a short-cut through a parking lot. I was keeping my eyes on the pavement dividers and my helmet slammed into a tree branch. A jolt shot through my body and down into my back. Back in my room, I hung all of my laundry before going over to Jackson Drug, where I ordered a boozy milkshake along with the beef lasagna, chicken curry soup, and the house salad. The town square had elk antler arches at each corner, which I found morbid. It was starting to sprinkle, so I went to the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar for a bottle of Stella. Wow! What a place. It was the most elaborate western bar I’d ever seen. The interior was adorned with marbled pine and paintings of the old west. They had museum quality displays of stuffed wild animals, and the bar stools were actual saddles with stirrups. I thought it would be fun to sit on one, and regretted my decision. It was touch and go with the rain, and there were occasional claps of thunder. Tomorrow and the next few days were forecast to be sunny. I didn’t mind sitting in my hotel room editing blog posts and relaxing. For dinner I went over to Snake River Brewery for a pizza and a couple of Hop Springs IPAs, Brewed in honor of Yellowstone's 150th anniversary.

Room 102 at the Ranch Inn in Jackson

Million Dollar Cowboy Bar In Jackson

Million Dollar Cowboy Bar In Jackson

One of Jackson’s Elk Antler Arches

Well deserved pint of Snake River Brewery Hop Springs IPA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Divide (NOBO) - Day #2 Hachita, NM to Silver City, NM

Table of Contents

Great Divide (NOBO) - Day #36 Eureka, MT to Fernie, BC